• Help Support TNDeer:

2024 Kill Thread

Opening day afternoon. Had both of my shooters cross the powerline I was hunting at the same time. Shot the bigger of the two. I felt good about the shot but the arrow told a different story so I backed out. Found him within 5 minutes of pulling on the property this morning. Still not sure what happened. Very slightly quartering to me. Shot went in behind the shoulder and exited way back in the guts. Best I could guess is that the arrow deflected off the shoulder. Shooting iron will fixed blade broadheads. He went about 150 yards and I stumbled upon him going in to track him. Better to be lucky that good.
20240929_080159.webp

Opening day afternoon. Had both of my shooters cross the powerline I was hunting at the same time. Shot the bigger of the two. I felt good about the shot but the arrow told a different story so I backed out. Found him within 5 minutes of pulling on the property this morning. Still not sure what happened. Very slightly quartering to me. Shot went in behind the shoulder and exited way back in the guts. Best I could guess is that the arrow deflected off the shoulder. Shooting iron will fixed blade broadheads. He went about 150 yards and I stumbled upon him going in to track him. Better to be lucky that good.
View attachment 245007
Great deer!

View attachment 245007
Great job coach.

Back