3 months until a duodecennial….

AT Hiker

I see the high altitude has inflated your ego. How it could get any bigger is beyond me. 😜 I noticed you didn't go into detail on your shooting practice. Still missing the target? 😂
Haters gonna hate🙄
As far as my shooting, have you know, I've a got a nice little easement behind the house that affords me plenty of distance. But my tiny, worn out block target doesn't leave me much room for error 🤣. Min distance to shoot is 30 yards so I don't blow my arrows through it!
IMG_1975.jpeg

Also, for your entertainment I've got my wife's treadmill down in the new basement. I'll have reverse rucking mastered in no time!
IMG_5611.jpeg

@fulldraw

Haters gonna hate🙄
As far as my shooting, have you know, I've a got a nice little easement behind the house that affords me plenty of distance. But my tiny, worn out block target doesn't leave me much room for error 🤣. Min distance to shoot is 30 yards so I don't blow my arrows through it!
View attachment 230874

Also, for your entertainment I've got my wife's treadmill down in the new basement. I'll have reverse rucking mastered in no time!
View attachment 230875
Nice. Looks like everything is working out. It's a shame a taxidermist as good as you has to put those skulls on the floor. Time to tidy up. 😂

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm both jealous and impressed by this preparation. I have to start taking better care of myself and I need motivation like one of these hunts… but archery hunting elk is lower on my list than rifle for sure

Hduke86

Been busy myself with moving, that in of itself is a solid workout.

Finally got back in a small groove Monday, though.
10 rounds each with my pack carrying 40lbs.
Box steps 10x
60lb Kettle bell swings 10x

Then 5 rounds with no pack;
10x pushups
5x pull ups
60lb kettle bell thrusters 10x
10 second dead hang

Then shot my bow right after.

Tuesday
10 rounds
10 lunges with 60lb kb farmer carry
60 lb kb thrusters 10x
10 push-ups
5 rounds
15x bent rows with 30lb kb
25 reverse flys with 5lbs

Shot my bow

Today I took my daughter and doggy on a nice hike. I wasn't carrying a heavy pack, I'll ease in to that soon enough. 3.4 miles at 7,100 feet with 716 foot of elevation gain in 1.50 hours. They did phenomenal, me on the other hand, I think I'm fighting a bug. The vit D was nice but I'm drained. Lack of sleep, long drive and moving won this time.

View attachment 230292
I kinda dislike you right now being in gorgeous country as we suffer 100 degree weather here in Tennessee

Buzzard Breath

Speaking of heat, it whooped me. I wasn't prepared for it. I like to exercise in the afternoons, not the mornings. But, in the summer months, mornings are the only tolerable time I can get a run in. I failed massively last week. 2 strength training sessions, 1 run, no hikes, and only 1 fishing session. Even my step count was below normal.

Screenshot_20240617_061258_Connect.jpg

My sleep score is actually better than that. I had 1 really bad night's sleep due to a puking pet but several nights of good sleep without my watch on. I've been taking it off before my evening shower and it's been too hot to put it back on before bed.

My car is headed to the shop for new wheel bearings this week, so I'll be stranded at home for a couple days and hope to get in some e-scouting.

Buzzard Breath

Printed unit map showed up in the mail today. Time to break out the markers and start marking areas. I do also use mapping apps on my phone, but I've always been a map guy. Sometimes it helps to lay a full map out and see the larger picture, at least larger than you can get on a phone screen.

In case your wondering, AT has taken another 10 days off from preparing. Probably lying been on a bender since he's been able to get his Moose Drool at the gas station. :D

20240618_132330.jpg

@fulldraw

Printed unit map showed up in the mail today. Time to break out the markers and start marking areas. I do also use mapping apps on my phone, but I've always been a map guy. Sometimes it helps to lay a full map out and see the larger picture, at least larger than you can get on a phone screen.

In case your wondering, AT has taken another 10 days off from preparing. Probably lying been on a bender since he's been able to get his Moose Drool at the gas station. :D

View attachment 231613
No reason to prepare when you're fishing for elk. That makes my head hurt figuring that one out. 🥴😂

AT Hiker

I'm currently in recovery mode, transferred to a "stubby" diet to speed up recovery. I reckon that Colorado Kool Aid should heal me up pretty quick.

IMG_5641.jpeg

tellico4x4

I'm currently in recovery mode, transferred to a "stubby" diet to speed up recovery. I reckon that Colorado Kool Aid should heal me up pretty quick.

View attachment 231693
Probably laced with liberalism now days. Might as well drop down across state line and pickup a sack of brownies. Make you feel better or don't care if your sick 😁

Latest posts