• Help Support TNDeer:

A bad night tracking

Good luck.

Look up the Tennessee Blood Trailing Network on Facebook if you need to get someone with a dog to help. They typically work for tips and/or a portion of the deer, if I understand it correctly.
Can put in your zip code here, and it will show you the closest trackers -

Spent a good part of the day looking for him unfortunately the trail went cold ! No blood at all ! Picture of half a crossbow bolt we found before we started to track him . Never had one explode the way it did ! It like it was just snapped in half ! I think he shot and hit a shoulder and the force broke it ? I dont know !

Attachments

• IMG_2294.webp
    IMG_2294.webp
    201.5 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like the deer ended up living (hopefully). Shoulder shots are tricky and deer are tough animals. I'm sorry that you couldn't recover him though. Here's a pic of a deer that survived a mostly perfect shot. Notice how the bone grew around the arrow shaft. Deer are crazy tough !
View attachment 247413
That's insane, never seen anything like that

Sounds like the deer ended up living (hopefully). Shoulder shots are tricky and deer are tough animals. I'm sorry that you couldn't recover him though. Here's a pic of a deer that survived a mostly perfect shot. Notice how the bone grew around the arrow shaft. Deer are crazy tough !
View attachment 247413
My favorite broadheads too. They are amazing survivors

Spent a good part of the day looking for him unfortunately the trail went cold ! No blood at all ! Picture of half a crossbow bolt we found before we started to track him . Never had one explode the way it did ! It like it was just snapped in half ! I think he shot and hit a shoulder and the force broke it ? I dont know !
It probably won't be the last deer he loses. Sorry it has happened. But he's not alone. Most of us bow hunters have lost one. Keeps a man awake at night. My guess is the same as others. The arrow looks broke off. Probably not a lot of penetration. I don't see any blood on the vanes. He will most likely live. I had one leave a solid blood trail for 300 yards. Then dry up and I never found that deer. Even had a dog look for it. It was a new to tracking dog, the tracker was confident in him. But he lost the trail.

Back