• Help Support TNDeer:

A bass legend falls

RUGER":1pz4ujiq said:
Name don't really ring a bell to me, but I ain't really a bass fisherman.

Sounds like a real winner though.

He has been a huge name in bass fishing for the last 20 years or so. He has "caught" more double digit fish than anyone including dozens on fish in the teens and a fish nicknamed "Dottie" that was over 20lbs. All will be looked at as lies now. It's sad what people will do for money and attention.

After reading "most" of the article and seeing more pictures I seem to remember him now.
You are right, some people will do absolutely anything to "win".

I didn't read it yet and although I always enjoyed Bill Dance....

Dad was going fishing one day and walked in a bait store in jville and Mr. Dance was in there buying a 20+ lb catfish on his way to film an episode at ky lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a chode! After reading the whole article I also think that the guys he partnered with in all those team tourneys deserved some criticism too! They had to know he wasn't magically catching those fish. Me thinks they didn't say something sooner because of the $$ they were winning.

bowhunterfanatic":1m1ys4t4 said:
What a chode! After reading the whole article I also think that the guys he partnered with in all those team tourneys deserved some criticism too! They had to know he wasn't magically catching those fish. Me thinks they didn't say something sooner because of the $$ they were winning.

i think they said he was fishing solo most of the time in those 2 man tourneys.

nowadays this is a big deal, especially in fly fishing, thanks to instantgrams and facepages and brand loyalty sponsorships.

it even happens here on ky lake. a couple of months ago two young guys, not in a tourney, caught a couple of double digit pre spawn females off the ledges. snapped a couple of picks in the boat, thats fine. then they put them in a livewell and travelled all the way back to masons dock just so someone could take both of their pics holding the fish and then released them in the harbor. same goes for the bikini babes holding 5 fish at once through the gills with their 3 inch fingernails. its even caught on to the high school kids at weigh in. if you cant hold 2 fish much less 5 at the same time without dropping them in the parking lot then you might think about only holding one for a photo op.

WTM":2mvptqyh said:
bowhunterfanatic":2mvptqyh said:

i think they said he was fishing solo most of the time in those 2 man tourneys.

nowadays this is a big deal, especially in fly fishing, thanks to instantgrams and facepages and brand loyalty sponsorships.

it even happens here on ky lake. a couple of months ago two young guys, not in a tourney, caught a couple of double digit pre spawn females off the ledges. snapped a couple of picks in the boat, thats fine. then they put them in a livewell and travelled all the way back to masons dock just so someone could take both of their pics holding the fish and then released them in the harbor. same goes for the bikini babes holding 5 fish at once through the gills with their 3 inch fingernails. its even caught on to the high school kids at weigh in. if you cant hold 2 fish much less 5 at the same time without dropping them in the parking lot then you might think about only holding one for a photo op.

Not sure i see anything wrong with the pictures at the dock. No different than riding around all day and keeping fish for a tournament weigh in. Sure doesn't compare to what that guy was doing.

Nothing against starter of thread, but the word legend does not belong anywhere near that guy.

Latest posts

Back