• Help Support TNDeer:

A New Era Begins!

We wont know about any og them until they each other. They all (except Georgia and Florida) ate cupcakes today. Score dont matter when you are playing jv squads
Pretty much true. I did not watch the vols game at all. I did watch the ALABAMA game in full. It was a good chance to see Ty Simpson get some snaps at QB.

We can quickly see why Milroe is QB #1 . Hopefully he remains healthy and the depth at QB does not look solid for now.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1725160141481.webp
    FB_IMG_1725160141481.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
Pretty much true. I did not watch the vols game at all. I did watch the ALABAMA game in full. It was a good chance to see Ty Simpson get some snaps at QB.

We can quickly see why Milroe is QB #1 . Hopefully he remains healthy and the depth at QB does not look solid for now.
That's not the take I got regarding the quarterbacks. Simpson was impressive playing with mostly backups. I'm not convinced that the offense would drop off at all if Simpson replaced Milroe. Simpson is missing a little on experience but he has a quicker release on his throws and is accurate.

Last edited:
That's not the take I got regarding the quarterbacks. Simpson was impressive playing with mostly backups. I'm not convinced that the offense would drop off at all if Simpson replaced Milroe. Simpson is missing a little on experience but he has a quicker release on his throws and is accurate.
I did not see that at all out of that from him. But hopefully it will never come to that and Milroe stays healthy and or resilient

Literally no one has mentioned the Vols today that I have seen except him 😁
I'm playing catch up. Left at 7 this morning, drove to Waverly, put tree stands together, pressure washed camper, rode around new lease, and got back home at 8:15. Didn't see a game all day until the end of A&M / Notre Lame.

I did not see that at all out of that from him. But hopefully it will never come to that and Milroe stays healthy and or resilient
Not enough to tell from this game. I'm still worried when a bigger school forces Bama to rely on Milroe's arm and check-downs to win a game. DeBoer has said he adjusts the offense to fit his players. Hopefully, Milroe will be able to get the job done in these close games with the nuances of DeBoer's offense.

Not enough to tell from this game. I'm still worried when a bigger school forces Bama to rely on Milroe's arm and check-downs to win a game. DeBoer has said he adjusts the offense to fit his players. Hopefully, Milroe will be able to get the job done in these close games with the nuances of DeBoer's offense.
All I got is

Roll

Tide

:)

Score dont matter when you are playing jv squads
Could not agree more. Only about 3 games played yesterday in all of college football that were worth watching past the 1st quarter. I've never understood a fan base (many of them) that gets so amped up and excited when they beat a JV squad by 50 (like a lot of the games yesterday). Much respect for the programs that play a real team on week one. Because of the kiddie games early on, I do not pay attention to rankings etc until week 4-5 when things start to materialize and come into focus.

Last edited:
Wow. Alabama beat a real powerhouse Western Kentucky team. How proud they must be to beat a sparring partner. :rolleyes:

Could not agree more. Only about 3 games played yesterday in all of college football that were worth watching past the 1st quarter. I've never understood a fan base (many of them) that gets so amped up and excited when they beat a JV squad by 50 (like a lot of the games yesterday). Much respect for the programs that play a real team on week one. Becasue of the kiddie games early on, I do not pay attention to rankings etc until week 4-5 when things start to materialize and come into focus.
The score doesn't matter but you can get a lot of info on a team based on some little things. The score will be silly because they are bigger and faster. Lined up correctly, pre-snap penalties, route running, qb reads and finishing progression, and most important HEALTH. I love week 1.

Latest posts

Back