• Help Support TNDeer:

Absolute Slugfest on Percy Yesterday

jlmustain

Absolute slugfest on the water yesterday. Mrs. K and I hit the water with Jacob Jewell at 6:00 am. They slammed topwater till 8:30, and from then forward the catch-and-release festival continued till 5:15 pm when the rain started rolling in. 175 fish later, this became the greatest fishing day of my life! Best five was only around 12-13 lb., but we caught stripes, largemouths, catfish, buffalo, and on and on. We doubled and tripled constantly, and I even (for the first time in my life) caught two largemouths on one lure (Rat-L Trap). You should've seen Karen (my wife) destroying them with shaky heads and spooks! She'd never caught a bass in her life before yesterday. Insane. I look like a lobster after all that sun, but I don't care one bit.

that drum is the perfect eating size..... Blacken them in a frying pan... comes out just like blackened Redfish.... really good

That's awesome right there! I whacked em on priest last night! Sure looks like a fun day right there!

Awesome! Congrats on a great day of fishing. Reminds me of a trip i took years ago floating the Harpeth with my dad and brother.

Sent from this smart thingamajig using tapatalk.

Back