• Help Support TNDeer:

Aerator Pump

Hitit9999

Anybody in or around Lebanon have any experience putting one in a boat? I've gotta put one in and I really need it done tomorrow afternoon, so I can fish a tournament Monday morning. And I can't find anybody. I feel like I can install it, it's the wiring I'm not sure on. Anybody around that could give me a hand or do it for some extra cash? I have everything, I think, to put it in.

Access to the pumps is usually the hardest part, depending on the boat. Is there a non working pump in there that you're replacing? If so, the wiring is easy. Just cut off the wires to the dead pump and splice your new pump to it. If there's no existing pump and you are too unsure about the wiring process, just add 2 alligator clamps to the end if your pump wires and manual connect/disconnect to your battery. This will work in a pinch and get you through your tournament. Good luck!

If there's no existing pump and you are too unsure about the wiring process, just add 2 alligator clamps to the end if your pump wires and manual connect/disconnect to your battery. This will work in a pinch and get you through your tournament. Good luck!
Good idea. The instructions should mention fuse size. I would add an inline fuse. If some trash gets in the pump and locks it up you want to blow a fuse instead of burning up your new pump.

Access is super easy. Everything is in the bottom of the boat right behind the motor. I'm just replacing the aerator pump because the neck that goes into the hose broke. Pump still works good. I just can't get the hose to stay on what's left of the neck. The bilge won't work at all. And just needs replacing.

Access is super easy. Everything is in the bottom of the boat right behind the motor. I'm just replacing the aerator pump because the neck that goes into the hose broke. Pump still works good. I just can't get the hose to stay on what's left of the neck. The bilge won't work at all. And just needs replacing.
You should be good to go then. Just unhook your battery, clip the wires off the existing pump, remove and replace the pump, splice your wires back together with the new pump, then hook up the battery. Done.

If you live in Lebanon you are not far from me. I don't bass fish, but I would like to talk to you about the river and stuff. I am pretty good with wiring too.

Latest posts

Back