• Help Support TNDeer:

Age?

bowhunterfanatic

8F60253C-5E93-4D70-A1E6-DAB1F8FE3231.webp

Buddy of mine sent this to a few of us in a group text and we can't agree on age. He has no history with this deer that I know of. What say the experts?

What indicates poor condition?
He looks like he weighs 140lbs or so (narrow unfilled hips, overly pronounced scapula overlaying rib cage, etc). Hair isn't as slick as one would expect.

To me he has the weight appearance of a 2.5yo buck, but just looks OLD. He may be OLD and going downhill (7.5 plus), but 7.5yos are so rare that I expect he is a middle aged buck that isn't filled out for whatever reason

He looks like he weighs 140lbs or so (narrow unfilled hips, overly pronounced scapula overlaying rib cage, etc). Hair isn't as slick as one would expect.

To me he has the weight appearance of a 2.5yo buck, but just looks OLD. He may be OLD and going downhill (7.5 plus), but 7.5yos are so rare that I expect he is a middle aged buck that isn't filled out for whatever reason

Interesting. I'd like to see a daytime pic.

First thing I thought when I saw the pic was that he looked exactly like a late summer or late winter 4yr old. The splotchy fur could be remnants of summer coat falling off yet but hard to guess that without a timestamp. I also doubt he's super old. Now that you got me looking closer at him I could sway to 3yr old. I want to see a daytime pic with timestamp.

Latest posts

Back