• Help Support TNDeer:

Another Great Sapelo Island Hunt

PickettSFHunter":2r8ye0e3 said:
.....Several brought rifles though and had to leave........
PickettSFHunter":2r8ye0e3 said:
A more traditional ML is not required, just what I choose to take there.

Based on these comments, I assume it is a muzzleloader hunt, but hunters can use any type of MZer they choose, correct?

Andy S.":3sviiwwr said:
PickettSFHunter":3sviiwwr said:
.....Several brought rifles though and had to leave........
PickettSFHunter":3sviiwwr said:
A more traditional ML is not required, just what I choose to take there.

Based on these comments, I assume it is a muzzleloader hunt, but hunters can use any type of MZer they choose, correct?
Any ML you wish to use or bow or crossbow. Youth hunters can use a rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megalomaniac":2fe55zdb said:
Dang nice buck, congrats! How many bucks did you pass before you saw that one?

But you can have the bugs and heat, exactly why I quit bowhunting here in south MS. Just isn't fun to me personally
Ended up passing 2 spikes, a small 4-6 point, and several does.

PickettSFHunter":rjdm4je3 said:
Matador":rjdm4je3 said:
That's real interesting on the deer and nutrition. Good pictures. Is that a Thompson Center Hawken muzzleloader? Looks like one from pic and they are great mizzleloaders.
It is labeled "Made in Italy for Charles Daly" A more traditional ML is not required, just what I choose to take there.

Still a real good shooting muzzleloader. I had a Charles Daly in 45 cal one time that would shoot lights out.

BULL MOOSE":23qu6016 said:
Share more about the snakes.
There's just a lot of diamondback rattlesnakes and cottonmouths on the place. I actually didn't see a rattlesnake this time, but saw several cottonmouths. Nearly stepped on a rattlesnake last year. A lot of the rattlers don't rattle, supposedly an adaption to hogs. When they rattle, supposedly hogs will find them and eat them. Most of the terrain is so thick you can't see your feet if your off of a trail, so you definitely wear snake boots. Just an overall harsh environment when it's warm and that causes a lot of people to leave.

Do you take the ferry, your boat, or hire a local to get you and your gear to the island?
Same for shelter, are you camping or renting something from a local?

Mid-Tenn":3641w0zf said:
Do you take the ferry, your boat, or hire a local to get you and your gear to the island?
Same for shelter, are you camping or renting something from a local?
I take the ferry, $15. I take all my own gear. DNR picks you up at the ferry and you load your gear on their truck/trailer then they ride you to camp. You can also boat directly to the dock at camp if you had your own or hired someone.

Latest posts

Back