• Help Support TNDeer:

AT&T and Disney made up

Too late . Made the switch to utube TV everything Is better as far as I'm concerned.

The ability to watch multiple games at the same time is light years ahead of Direct TV and I am saving $50 a month too!.

My wife got a bonus and got Paramount. Something we did not have before.

Attachments

• 20240914_112526.webp
    20240914_112526.webp
    178.7 KB · Views: 1
We've been doing the YouTube trial for about a week now. It took a bit to get accustomed to it, but now I really like it. I plan to cancel DirectTV on Monday. I'm going to enjoy that call, especially after getting an email informing they'd be going up by $8/month starting next month.

I think the basic package is ~$65/month and it has most everything we watch. Only thing I've noticed missing that we watch, as others have said, is the History channel. So no "Alone".

Something I didn't know and learned there is a separate "YouTube TV" app. It's not the same as the standard "YouTube" app.

Everybody leaving cable and att/dish for streaming services is NOT good for the US consumer overall.

Disney just keeps jacking up their rates to providers... so Hulu goes up, you tube goes up, fubo goes up...

Pretty soon, we will be paying a fortune to the streaming services instead of the cable providers...

And when cable/ att/ other fiber companies begin to lose all that revenue from the TV channels, what do you think they are going to do to your internet rates? Yup, they are going to skyrocket.

They will begin to throttle down speeds as a 'basic' internet plan to seem like they are looking out for the consumer... but for high speed plans capable of streaming 4k on multiple devices, they will raise rates through the roof...

So the end result is the consumer is going to spend even more for TV services while Disney takes home all the additional revenue

Anything we do to further empower Disney is not good for our country.

I've said it before... if you are able, consider cancelling anything that has to do with Disney. Get a TV antenna and ONLY give ABC ad revenue, not ad revenue PLUS your subscription fees.

Listen you your favorite teams radio broadcast for free if their game isn't televised on ABC. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to LSU vs SC on the drive back from fishing yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the Vols radio broadcast for free yesterday.

Sure, I'm saving almost $1000 per year right now, but that's current rates... I know what's coming. Wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't raise rates to $100 per month just for ESPN in another few years.

Everybody leaving cable and att/dish for streaming services is NOT good for the US consumer overall.

Disney just keeps jacking up their rates to providers... so Hulu goes up, you tube goes up, fubo goes up...

Pretty soon, we will be paying a fortune to the streaming services instead of the cable providers...

And when cable/ att/ other fiber companies begin to lose all that revenue from the TV channels, what do you think they are going to do to your internet rates? Yup, they are going to skyrocket.

They will begin to throttle down speeds as a 'basic' internet plan to seem like they are looking out for the consumer... but for high speed plans capable of streaming 4k on multiple devices, they will raise rates through the roof...

So the end result is the consumer is going to spend even more for TV services while Disney takes home all the additional revenue

Anything we do to further empower Disney is not good for our country.

I've said it before... if you are able, consider cancelling anything that has to do with Disney. Get a TV antenna and ONLY give ABC ad revenue, not ad revenue PLUS your subscription fees.

Listen you your favorite teams radio broadcast for free if their game isn't televised on ABC. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to LSU vs SC on the drive back from fishing yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the Vols radio broadcast for free yesterday.

Sure, I'm saving almost $1000 per year right now, but that's current rates... I know what's coming. Wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't raise rates to $100 per month just for ESPN in another few years.
Dog is going to try to get the steak off the grill no matter where the grill gets moved to

Latest posts

Back