• Help Support TNDeer:

Batteries

make sure you call Dakota and ask them if you meed to equalize the charge before making the series connection. with seperate control modules most manufacturers want you to charge them seperately and be within 50mv(.05v) before making the series connection. that keeps them equal so the BMS doesnt get confused and shuts one battery down before it is charged.
I have a battery switch between my batteries so I can easily isolate them before charging. I always thought that would be a good idea. I hadn't considered the BMS angle though.

I just got the Bass Pro Spring Fever flyer and saw where they are selling Tracker Lithium batteries for $500. When you compare the longevity to a heavier lead battery, it isn't much more.
yep and those are Relion batteries for about 150-200 bucks cheaper than buying them from Relion direct.

I just got the Bass Pro Spring Fever flyer and saw where they are selling Tracker Lithium batteries for $500. When you compare the longevity to a heavier lead battery, it isn't much more.
What ah are they

I bought a pair of Optima D31T Yellow Tops for about $600 last summer. They have a 3-Year Full Replacement Warranty. Check with me in June 2023 and I'll tell you if it was worth it.
optima.jpg

Had good luck with the 29 series interstate batteries. Would of went with the bigger 31s but my hatch was too small . Keep on board charger hooked up 24/7 unless I'm fishing .. I troll for walleye pretty much year round and they last me 4-5 years. The battery charger is the life and longevity IMO

Latest posts

Back