• Help Support TNDeer:

Body Size

I have only been hunting Tennessee for three seasons but this is the biggest bodied deer off my farm so far. I didnt weigh him but I know he was over 200 lbs.

downsized_1203110810.jpg

Largest bodied buck I killed in TN field dressed 210 lbs. not largest rack Also killed 190 ,180, 177 ,165 lbs field dressed all in Williamson County,TN.

Wes Parrish said:
Need to make a distinction as to whether we're talking "field dressed" or "live weight".
Also need to make a distinction if you truly weighed it or are you just guessing. I do not know a soul who can look at a buck and tell me with 100% certainty that he weighs 191lbs or 203lbs, yet I see/hear it every year "I didn't weigh him/her but I know for sure he/she weighed xxx lbs."

For me, largest doe field dressed would be 105 lbs or so (would have to look back at my kill data to be exact), and largest bodied buck that I have weighed with witnesses present is the one below. He field dressed 187 lbs on Nov. 22, 2008 (opening day of rifle). Estimated live weight based on conversions is 230lbs or so. The temperature was about 17 degrees when I shot him at 7AM. He was killed in Hardeman county (SW TN).

DSCN0902.jpg

Him few days before I shot him.

The largest doe I killed weighed 122 field dressed & largest buck was a 6 yr old beast that weighed 200(dressed) on the dot! I think your heavy agriculture areas where the deer can get to 5 & 6 years old is where you will find the heaviest deer. Mine were both from Montgomery County

Andy S. said:
For me, largest doe field dressed would be 105 lbs or so (would have to look back at my kill data to be exact), and largest bodied buck that I have weighed with witnesses present is the one below. He field dressed 187 lbs on Nov. 22, 2008 (opening day of rifle). Estimated live weight based on conversions is 230lbs or so. The temperature was about 17 degrees when I shot him at 7AM. He was killed in Hardeman county (SW TN).

DSCN0902.jpg

Him few days before I shot him.

Got to love those corn fed deer. Thats some hosses

The biggest Ive seen was weighed a little under 250. A buddy killed it. He was only a 7 point but had a cool droptine.

My heaviest wasn't very much. Maybe 150.

Latest posts

Back