• Help Support TNDeer:

Body Size

Field dressed correctly and weighed on certified scales, biggest in TN is 179 for a buck and 137 for a doe.
Live weight vs correctly field dressed, and actually weighed on certified scales vs good ol boy guessing, can and does vary greatly!!

Winchester said:
Field dressed correctly and weighed on certified scales....
Couple of questions Scott. Explain field dressed correctly (so I can see if I am missing something here) and what exactly do you mean by certified scales? (cotton scales, some sort of weigh station that is calibrated periodically, etc). Thanks in advance.

My 290 pounder from Fayette county weighed on cotton scales at a local cotton gin

IMG.jpg

easy45,
That is certainly one of the most portly deer I've ever seen. His body even makes his legs look short...really nice one!

Rackseeker said:
Hillbilly Hunter said:
Rackseeker said:
How much do you think this 3.5 year old weighs? This pic was right after season last year.

095.jpg

that deer is not 3.5 years old.

Maybe not, but I'm going to stick with my guess. Hopefully I can pull his jaw bone this year. His ear has been torn for two years now.

he is much older than that.

Hillbilly Hunter said:
that deer is not 3.5 years old.

Maybe not, but I'm going to stick with my guess. Hopefully I can pull his jaw bone this year. His ear has been torn for two years now. [/quote]

he is much older than that. [/quote]

Not doubting you, but what do you see that tells you he is older?

Latest posts

Back