• Help Support TNDeer:

Body Size

This is probably the smallest bodied buck I've ever shot, but it's the only one I've ever had weighed. It's a 3.5 year old 8 point that field dressed at 89 pounds. Oak Ridge T.S.

OakRidgebuck1.jpg

I killed a 9 pointer in Benton County Tn that took up the bed of the truck. I was so curious that I took him and had him weighed. He field dressed 225 lbs so that put him at 275 lbs on the hoof.

I've never really had most of my big bucks weighed cause I usually butcher them up myself and don't have any scales. I have had a couple big ones weighed that I did take to the processer that weighed between 180 and 200 or so I don't remember exact weights. I think this is the biggest bodied buck I've seen but unfortunately never killed him. Didn't sport much of a rack but boy he's a beast.

oldtimepics049.jpg
[/img]

Why don't you think its for real? LOL..... I'm just guessing on 3.5 years old. I don't know for sure, hopefully I can for sure say he is 4.5 when I pull his jaw bone. I couldn't believe how good of shape he was in that late in the season.

Biggest I have killed was 190 in Lincoln County. I have noticed a big difference in body size from NE Lincoln County vs SW Lincoln County. The deer run bigger bodied in SW Lincoln County.

Latest posts

Back