• Help Support TNDeer:

Brush Piles

wmatt17

Just curious of other people's opinions on setting out brush. I am already a believer in the natural brush being the best. However, I am curious of where people have had put the brush out and caught fish. Basically, which locations have worked well and which haven't. (Depth, time of year the brush produces etc.). Thanks

What are you fishing for? Crappie fisherman and local bass guys are always putting in brush piles. Shallow for spring and fall. Deep for winter and summer.

I've put some on the edges of creek channels at different depths and caught fish off of'em. I quit putting them out cause every other spot I saw I wanted to put one,their was already one there. Use sycamore trees,they are by far the best, don't use cedars, they mat down and are useless.

Tsc. Thanks for the info. Anyone have luck with pvc brush piles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmatt17":2o9iacif said:
Tsc. Thanks for the info. Anyone have luck with pvc brush piles

I did a few,I don't think they are any better than sycamores plus they are there for ever....once different people find them and mark them they get fished to death.Sycamores will rot out and dissappear and people can't find them then you can move your spot a little and put another one out. With pvc years of people finding them add up till 50 or who knows how many people have marked them.
One other thing, u don't need a ton of weight,just enough to sink the tree and get it to the bottom,it'll float a few days at the ends of your strings then settle down. We fished in the winter almost exclusively,maybe the very early spring.

Well you can't use an old water cooler full of concrete to sink brush. Tried it and I am ashamed to say it floated!! Now I just blocks. Haha

Back