• Help Support TNDeer:

Canadian goose

Duck Blood

Hey everyone. I'm in west TN for a short time. Paris TN to be exact. I'm looking to go on a goose hunt this weekend and looking for some advice on where to go. I don't have a boat or dog and looking to go just Saturday and/or Sunday. Any advice on the direction to go would be very helpful. I'm from Florida and can put you on plenty of duck spots depending on the species your after.

I recommend to get in your vehicle and drive around glassing. Resident geese act crazy, find em in the afternoon and set up there in the morning.

I recommend to get in your vehicle and drive around glassing. Resident geese act crazy, find em in the afternoon and set up there in the morning.
Thanks for the reply. Any idea where I should drive that is huntable? I drove to Tennessee NWR today in the duck river unit but didn't see anything.

You mind sharing that info with me? I'll be back and could grab my boat from FL
Would mainly be any islands and mud flats on Ky Lake. I'm not real familiar with the area close to Paris, but on the lake from the Camden Bottoms WMA levee and headed north, there are several mudflats and islands that they fly over from time to time, and several get killed out of the blinds in that area during the main duck season. If you go that route, don't get in a hurry trying to get somewhere, there is a lot of stuff to tear up a lower unit quick. And the water level can go from fine to you're grounded real quick, especially if you get out of the trails or channels, which are not marked real well in some cases. The main channel will have buoys, but any of the cut overs between islands won't be marked well, if at all.

Would mainly be any islands and mud flats on Ky Lake. I'm not real familiar with the area close to Paris, but on the lake from the Camden Bottoms WMA levee and headed north, there are several mudflats and islands that they fly over from time to time, and several get killed out of the blinds in that area during the main duck season. If you go that route, don't get in a hurry trying to get somewhere, there is a lot of stuff to tear up a lower unit quick. And the water level can go from fine to you're grounded real quick, especially if you get out of the trails or channels, which are not marked real well in some cases. The main channel will have buoys, but any of the cut overs between islands won't be marked well, if at all.
Thank you for your help. I have a 15' with a mud buddy back in FL. I'm going to grab it and give this a try.

Latest posts

Back