• Help Support TNDeer:

Caney Fork ?

They're still doing sluice releases alongside generation and leaving the orifice gate open when not generating which provides about 250 cfs of flow. I haven't fished the Caney since my Summer night trips and those ended when the sluicing started. Some people like to fish with the 250 cfs but it gave me headaches so I stopped going. Usually by the end of Summer or very early Fall that stops. I'm surprised they're still doing that.

I haven't been in a minute. To me it can be very aggravating fishing there when the leaves are falling but that is about done. I'm ready to go tho!

Been thinking bout a winter trip there myself. Maybe some rockfish or spawning trout later in the winter, I dont know.

You won't find many rockfish in there during the cold months. They all head to the Cumberland and many of the ones found at the steam plant are Caney fish. I definitely miss the night trips I made in the summer catching Browns and Walleye. The Walleye do tend to run upstream and shallow in any body of water as the winter progresses and especially into early Spring. I'm just waiting for that stupid 250 cfs to stop.

MidTennFisher":332d39kk said:
You won't find many rockfish in there during the cold months. They all head to the Cumberland and many of the ones found at the steam plant are Caney fish. I definitely miss the night trips I made in the summer catching Browns and Walleye. The Walleye do tend to run upstream and shallow in any body of water as the winter progresses and especially into early Spring. I'm just waiting for that stupid 250 cfs to stop.
I hope it's worthwhile for eyes in the early spring. I also want to do the same below Normandy dam in the spring spawning run. Ought to be some eaters in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was having a fantastic time this Summer fishing at night. Walleye, Rockfish, personal best on all 3 species of Trout. I'm anxious to get back out there if they'd stop generating for 5 minutes. With Center Hill still way over Winter pool they'll be wide open below the dam for a while still. If we get a warm day in a few weeks I'm going. I don't care to be on frigid water in a kayak with frigid air temps as well. It isn't enjoyable for me.

Back