• Help Support TNDeer:

Catching night crawlers

dh1984

Who else will be out catching night crawlers tonight ? I'll be out there with a gallon bucket and hopfully fill one up tonight . I got 5 or 6 places I can catch them at. Then start a worm bed for fishing this year .

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Wow, haven't heard of people doing this since I was a kid(40+ years ago). I tried it on my home yard a few years back but got nothing. When I was I kid we filled 2 or 3 large coffee cans full in 3 to 4 hours of picking. Dad held the flash light and the kids did the picking!

A night crawler has to be the fastest land animal alive!!!!! The first time my dad took me when i was a kid, i thought i would just pick one up. I thought it was gonna be like taking candy from a baby. Boy was i ever wrong!

lothar":1xpkm9b3 said:
A night crawler has to be the fastest land animal alive!!!!! The first time my dad took me when i was a kid, i thought i would just pick one up. I thought it was gonna be like taking candy from a baby. Boy was i ever wrong!
Yeah they are fast as lighting some times. I caught over 300 last night by my self. It wasn't easy but after you get the hang of it. You can catch a lot in a matter of an hour but one thing is the grass needs to be cut way down though so you can see most of the big ones .

They want almost 4 bucks a dozen for night crawlers here. So I figured would catch my own and save a lot of money. To spend on new fishing and hunting gear.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Back