• Help Support TNDeer:

Catoosa?

From the Catoosa website regs
  • Special Use - Hooved animal riding, bicycling and OffHighway Vehicle (OHV) use permitted only by individuals possessing a valid hunting and fishing license and WMA permit or a High Impact Habitat Conservation Permit.
  • OHVs are permitted from the fourth Saturday in August through the second Sunday in June.
  • OHVs, bicyclists, and hooved animal riders may not enter the area except through gated TWRA access points.
  • Closed to all access during big game hunts, the area is open only tolegal big game huntingparticipants.

From the Catoosa website regs
  • Special Use - Hooved animal riding, bicycling and OffHighway Vehicle (OHV) use permitted only by individuals possessing a valid hunting and fishing license and WMA permit or a High Impact Habitat Conservation Permit.
  • OHVs are permitted from the fourth Saturday in August through the second Sunday in June.
  • OHVs, bicyclists, and hooved animal riders may not enter the area except through gated TWRA access points.
  • Closed to all access during big game hunts, the area is open only tolegal big game huntingparticipants.
Thank you, somehow I missed that.

I wish they'd open Franklin State Forest back up. That's where we'd go a couple times a year and the last time we went last year didn't know it was closed until we got there. Apparently all the knuckleheads riding where they weren't supposed to and tearing it up got it shut down. It was a pretty ride which is all we went for.

I wish they'd open Franklin State Forest back up. That's where we'd go a couple times a year and the last time we went last year didn't know it was closed until we got there. Apparently all the knuckleheads riding where they weren't supposed to and tearing it up got it shut down. It was a pretty ride which is all we went for.
Last time I was out there about 4 years ago, we picked up a couple cases of beer cans. I made the comment to my wife that this will be the reason we lose the privilege to ride here.

Last time I was out there about 4 years ago, we picked up a couple cases of beer cans. I made the comment to my wife that this will be the reason we lose the privilege to ride here.
I've never understood people who litter? How does someone think throwing their beer cans, bottles, sonic cups and cigarette packs on the ground is a good idea?....freaking ridiculous...we have some road frontage property and I have to pick up litter all the time...Lazy people who have no respect for anyone other than themselves...did I mention I dont like littering?....and great job by you and your wife stopping and picking up all the beer cans...hats off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back