• Help Support TNDeer:

Co-Witness Reflex Sight for AR15

Wiley

Guys, I'm considering a Holosun with solar power for an AR pistol. I've looked at the Holosun 407C due to trying to stay within budget. I really like the Shake Awake and the solar features. I have found a riser mount adapter for rail mounting that gives co-witness with AR sights. Are any of you guys running this setup?

LOL Im running a triple witness sight setup on my home defense AR. flip up irons, a sig romeo, AND a light/laser combo.

I have a Holosun 507C with riser that co-witnesses with magpul back ups. It works well for what I am using it for. I will post a picture this afternoon if I can remember.

No. Can't help. But interested in following along.
I am using a sig Romeo and figure inside a house it will be point and shoot

I have a Holosun 507C with riser that co-witnesses with magpul back ups. It works well for what I am using it for. I will post a picture this afternoon if I can remember.
I have a 407C on the way and should be here Monday and I believe it's gonna work for me. On another weapon. I have a Sig Romeo 4a that barely gets any use but I believe that sight is better suited to that weapon.

This is my 507 with the riser. It co-witnesses really good in the bottom 1/3rd with iron sights. In my earlier post I mentioned Magpul irons. I forgot that this one has a different brand. I am not sure what make these irons are.

Attachments

• IMG_7109.webp
    IMG_7109.webp
    107 KB · Views: 1
This is my 507 with the riser. It co-witnesses really good in the bottom 1/3rd with iron sights. In my earlier post I mentioned Magpul irons. I forgot that this one has a different brand. I am not sure what make these irons are.
I may need more riser than I have but won't know until tomorrow evening. My son has a 507 on a handgun and really likes it. I think the 407 will do just fine for my needs and it's solar/shake awake just like the 507 and that's a requirement for this application.

I may need more riser than I have but won't know until tomorrow evening. My son has a 507 on a handgun and really likes it. I think the 407 will do just fine for my needs and it's solar/shake awake just like the 507 and that's a requirement for this application.
I was leery about the Holosun at first due to it being Chinese and all, but I have to say that I am impressed by them. I have 3 of the 507s and one 510. The other two 507s are on mine and my son's turkey guns and the 510 is on another AR. They seem to hold up really well.

I ended up needing the 'absolute zero' riser and it came today. Perfect, absolute co-witness now. I also tested/timed the sleep timer on the sight at the 10 minute setting and it's almost dead nuts on 10 minutes of zero motion when it shuts down with just a tiny movement to awaken it. Maybe I can send some rounds downrange this weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back