• Help Support TNDeer:

Confession is good for the soul…….

Congratulations!! When I first started bow hunting at 13. I had 6 arrows in my quiver. I shot all 6 at a single doe and never did hit her. lol. Climbed down got my arrows and later that evening another doe came through. I finally calmed down enough and made that one count lol.

As far as missing your dad. I can relate in a way. I still have my dad. But my papaw was the one who introduced me to hunting. He passed away when I was 20. Just so happen some land came up for sale where they use to live. 38 acres. I jumped on it. Because as a kid it's where we hunted and walked the woods. I talk about him daily and let my kids know how much that he would have loved them. On youth day this year, both kids took 8 points from the same blind on that property. One was 4.5 the other 3.5 year old. It was my 9 year old little girls first buck. As my boys 3rd biggest. But that evening me and the girl was skinning them and my little girl said "papaw was there today"…I just smiled and said yes he was. About 30 min later my son came out to help with his deer. He's 12. He looked at me and said "I felt like papaw was with us". Man I broke down. As he is buried less than 200 yards away. No doubt he was there.

Latest posts

Back