• Help Support TNDeer:

Cordell hull bass

mathews338

Been away for a while but i have been catching some good fish on cordell and old hickory over the summer. Caught this one and a few more just like it saturday. Had a blast!

Nice fish for sure.. Let me ask you this.. Have you caught any white bass in the jumps or have you seen any jumping.. While you were bass fishing

Brad_23":36a0rfbk said:
Nice fish for sure.. Let me ask you this.. Have you caught any white bass in the jumps or have you seen any jumping.. While you were bass fishing

Brad I've been catching them in the jump's for close to a month now. All areas Im finding them are in the backs of creeks. The bait fish are getting pushed up into the shallow and the white bass are hammering them. Catching some really nice ones too, 16" range.

Thanks for the info.. I did go Sunday evening and stumbled across a few like what you said I found them pushing the bait fish up into a small shallow pocket.. And a few that I caught were some of the best I have caught in years..

TheDuke'sBack":10orafk8 said:
What section of Old Hickory do you fish?
Every inch, couple of weeks ago we started in spencer creek then went to station camp then down to cedar creek then down to drakes then back up towards the steam plant then on to bledsoe. Caught 29 total the best 5 would have went around 19 or 20lbs.

Brad_23":1ayau8ja said:
Yes we saw a bunch. Wasnt fishing for them but caught one. Thought it might have been largemouth in the shad so we made a few cast in the middle of them.

mathews338":tyu4ej0z said:
TheDuke'sBack":tyu4ej0z said:
Every inch, couple of weeks ago we started in spencer creek then went to station camp then down to cedar creek then down to drakes then back up towards the steam plant then on to bledsoe. Caught 29 total the best 5 would have went around 19 or 20lbs.

Man thats awesome! What have you boys been catching them on? We've had decent success with 10" green pumpkin worms, squarebills, chatterbaits, and flipping bitsy bugs. Most days full of catching dinks.

TheDuke'sBack":2w8d58m7 said:
mathews338":2w8d58m7 said:
TheDuke'sBack":2w8d58m7 said:

Man thats awesome! What have you boys been catching them on? We've had decent success with 10" green pumpkin worms, squarebills, chatterbaits, and flipping bitsy bugs. Most days full of catching dinks.
Squarebills, buzzbaits, flipping jigs and brushhogs.

[/quote]Squarebills, buzzbaits, flipping jigs and brushhogs.[/quote]

Thats the same thing where fishing as well. This saturday we slammed them, catching somewhere around 15-20 a piece. The buzzbait landed us about 10 fish, then as it heated up flipping brush hogs and craws where the key. Me and my partner each landed fish somewhere around 4lbs and he caught 3 fish close to the 2.5-3lb range. Overall a great day, non stop action all morning.

Did you make it out?

Latest posts

Back