• Help Support TNDeer:

Cormorant

If they are only eating bait fish doesn't that in turn affect game fish. Less bait and more competition for what bait there is. It's been awhile since I've seen the stripe or bass in the jumps like they used to.

Cool video. Thanks for sharing. I watched a Blue Heron take one that was so big that it could't getting down for 20 min. The Haron tried until it couldn't even hold its head up. It would lay its head on the bank and rest. Then try some more. It finally got it down. It was a good size crappie.
I hate those cormorants. Ever since they took over an island in Drake's Creek the fishing there has gone down hill. They completely destroyed all the trees on that island and still go there to nest on whatever they can. Since they are not native to TN I wish TWRA would let us shoot them.

I got to get out and fish Old Hickory today and did not even have a nibble, even in spots that used to never disappoint. I've noticed a lot of cormorants on the lake recently and have also seen multiple blue gill with gashes down them that look to be caused by them or herons. Could cormorants be leading to a decline in fish?
Cool video. Thanks for sharing. I watched a Blue Heron take one that was so big that it could't getting down for 20 min. The Haron tried until it couldn't even hold its head up. It would lay its head on the bank and rest. Then try some more. It finally got it down. It was a good size crappie.
I hate those cormorants. Ever since they took over an island in Drake's Creek the fishing there has gone down hill. They completely destroyed all the trees on that island and still go there to nest on whatever they can. Since they are not native to TN I wish TWRA would let us shoot them.

Latest posts

Back