• Help Support TNDeer:

Couple good days in Venice

fullstream

My buddy I fish with down here has been focused on getting a swordfish so that was our primary target. First day out we were fortunate enough to get on one after about an hour of fishing. I will say bringing a 180lb fish up from 1300 ft is a task and then getting into the boat even more fun. Well it took us an hour and 1/2 to get it dona but we did it and high 5's ensued.
Second day out was primarily red snapper time and we got our limit of em ranging from 10-16lbers.
Went out today for more swordfish action but the bite was off. We had one on the line for 15 minutes but pulled the hook. Decided to swing by a rig on the way in and caught 20 or so vermillion snapper (beeliners).
A great trip for sure.

5cf9ad17a21ee7e4cea80ad4cc2150b9.jpg

b3a5ba42778bf28c654b29909228173a.jpg

653e7095cf953bd155b4a7639deb8bd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done!!!! Do you eat the swordfish? We fished for them in Costa Rica and caught a bunch but our guide encouraged us to catch and release so never had a chance to taste one. He said they sort of tasted like good ham.
Nice haul on the snapper as well. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Snowwolfe":3vhv585t said:
Well done!!!! Do you eat the swordfish? We fished for them in Costa Rica and caught a bunch but our guide encouraged us to catch and release so never had a chance to taste one. He said they sort of tasted like good ham.
Nice haul on the snapper as well. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Grilled some steaks first night and it was some of the best fish I've had to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back