• Help Support TNDeer:

Couple of questions

lafn96

First - my bow started creaking this morning. Went hunting yesterday and didn't notice hitting it on anything, but it's always been completely silent when drawing it before. Not loud, but I can hear it on every draw this morning, coming from the top of the bow. Any ideas/suggestions?

Second - Doc at Harvest Archey, who I trust implicitly, is dead set against lighted rocks because of their inconsistent manufacturing. I'd still like to easily find my arrows. Looked online for a reflective ink marker, couldn't find any. Found reflective tape, but I'd rather not go that route as it could throw off point of impact and arrow flight. Anyone use something reflective on their arrows? I don't currently use wraps, I did see some of those.

Every bow I've ever had creaks when drawing. They're quiet when new but over time they make a little noise. If you're concerned then it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it looked at. Better to be safe.

As for lighted nocks, I'm not sure i agree with your shop guy. If you shoot them before putting in your quiver then you know how they work and how they fly. Sometimes you do get a dud but as long as you test them before hunting you won't have any problem.

Id grease the limb bolts with lithium grease but itd need to be broke down in a press... I have a 2014 elite energy 35 and there's no noise til you hit the limb stops... Maybe the limb deflection with having the one limb swapped???

Latest posts

Back