• Help Support TNDeer:

Dead bass numbers rise with the temperature

Headhunter":3i2s2s84 said:
I have access to a private place in another state, and when we go there, it is legal, not only do we catch some really nice bass, some evenings you will catch 25 - 30 bass anywhere from 5 to 7 lbs each and it is incredible. Any "healthy" bass and any bass over 14" is released. Everything else is eaten. We also catch piles of small bass and the small bass eat just as good as any other fish I have ever ate (other than walleye). Haven't been in a few years but this pic was 3 guys, an hour and half of fishing. They are fine eating for sure.

Now that is a good day!!

Yup, they get mad and have something to say for a man taking a keeper home to eat.

Will turn around and leave 3 to rot at the boat ramp after dragging them all over the lake in 98 degree heat.

Dumb said something about this on hear a few years ago.

SilverFox":bmsb2h39 said:
I turn my nose up at guys who scream catch and release and drag them are around on the carpet and hold them out the water for 5 million pictures in the boat and at the scales.

Agreed! A lot of the fishing show guys are ridiculous as well. They will hold a fish out of water for the camera while they discuss technique, color, who invented the lure, who taught them how to fish it, etc, etc, etc. Put the fish in the water before you talk for 5 minutes. Somebody should set a timer and hold their head under water for the same amount of time they keep the fish out. Another of my pet peeves is guys that haul fish around all day in their livewell in the summer so they can take a pic at the end of the day with their best 5. Take individual pics. We won't think it's multiple pics of one fish. The fact that a lot of these fish come from deep water make it worse.

Just "fizz" them. I hear that all the time. Fizzed fish probably don't float as often, so I guess out of sight out of mind.

Latest posts

Back