Deer in Okra

Im about to do just that,everytime I go out in the yard they are always there!
image.jpg

Just got this in about an hour ago. Going up in the morning. Little boogers are eatin' the tops out of my peppers. Rabbits and me aren't gettin' along too well. LOL

JCDEERMAN

View attachment 231660

Just got this in about an hour ago. Going up in the morning. Little boogers are eatin' the tops out of my peppers. Rabbits and me aren't gettin' along too well. LOL
Where did you order that from? What brand? And mind sharing price? Sorry for the Q's - I'm shopping around for our dove field next year. The deer wiped out ours within the last 2 weeks. This will not happen next year

Carlos

We've also put an elec fence around our gardens. One is 120v and the other is it solar powered.
In the last 4 years, we've had no problem with deer.
Then- this year evidently one has decided to hop across long enough to eat the tops out of the Tomato plants.

My wife is ready to clean em out this fall, and I can't blame her.

We've also put an elec fence around our gardens. One is 120v and the other is it solar powered.
In the last 4 years, we've had no problem with deer.
Then- this year evidently one has decided to hop across long enough to eat the tops out of the Tomato plants.

My wife is ready to clean em out this fall, and I can't blame her.
Can't say I'd blame her either.

tellico4x4

Where did you order that from? What brand? And mind sharing price? Sorry for the Q's - I'm shopping around for our dove field next year. The deer wiped out ours within the last 2 weeks. This will not happen next year
Good luck. Best friend in FL has spent a fortune trying to them out of his 5 acre dove field. A few years ago he "double fenced" it with hog wire & an electric fence. He'd read somewhere that two fences of staggered height a couple feet apart messed with a deers depth perception, didn't work.... Between deer, hogs & now bears he gave up this year. Reduced his field to two acres of peanuts and added a third fence of the tape & repellent spray, still didn't work. As of last week, he found some "human feces" compound somewhere and has hung bags of it around the perimeter. Haven't heard if the poop project worked or not.

JCDEERMAN

Good luck. Best friend in FL has spent a fortune trying to them out of his 5 acre dove field. A few years ago he "double fenced" it with hog wire & an electric fence. He'd read somewhere that two fences of staggered height a couple feet apart messed with a deers depth perception, didn't work.... Between deer, hogs & now bears he gave up this year. Reduced his field to two acres of peanuts and added a third fence of the tape & repellent spray, still didn't work. As of last week, he found some "human feces" compound somewhere and has hung bags of it around the perimeter. Haven't heard if the poop project worked or not.
Our corn, sorghum, and millet is still good. Just the sunflowers were destroyed. So not all is lost for maybe a descent hunt.

Glad we don't have to deal with bears and hogs. I was going to try the staggering method, along with some scent deterrent and a scarecrow moved every couple days. 🤷‍♂️ we shall see.

Latest posts