• Help Support TNDeer:

Did the Park Ranger lie?

Chickencoop96

I don't hunt this particular spot, but a buddy of mine said he tried years ago to hunt the national Forest property on spring Creek (South Cherokee WMA) and the Park Ranger said it was not huntable. I feel like he fed him a crock of S**t. I looked on TWRA's map and ONX's map, and the boundary shows it's huntable. (Obviously not around spring Creek gun range)

I don't hunt this particular spot, but a buddy of mine said he tried years ago to hunt the national Forest property on spring Creek (South Cherokee WMA) and the Park Ranger said it was not huntable. I feel like he fed him a crock of S**t. I looked on TWRA's map and ONX's map, and the boundary shows it's huntable. (Obviously not around spring Creek gun range)
There's a piece near me that's not huntable but shows huntable on Onx. It's marked with special signage, though, which prohibits any entry.

There should be some signage if the area is closed.

20240228_120152.webp

I use and trust OnX for a lot of things. However, relying on it OnX stating it is open to public hunting being factual is not one of those things. There is too much at risk for that. I would verify in writing somehow. I have dug for a while on different pieces of land until I had proof of legal. Just my $.02 for anyone referring to OnX.

I use and trust OnX for a lot of things. However, relying on it OnX stating it is open to public hunting being factual is not one of those things. There is too much at risk for that. I would verify in writing somehow. I have dug for a while on different pieces of land until I had proof of legal. Just my $.02 for anyone referring to OnX.
OnX shows my farm belonging to someone else.

Latest posts

Back