• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

Starting to see some green, oats are just starting to take off.
20240916_100519_HDR.webp

4.01" at my place in Humphreys County. But only 0.72" at my house in Nashville.

BIL was at the property yesterday and texted me pictures of the germinating Buckwheat and Crimson Clover. Now I need to spray and kill all the competing crabgrass. THAT stuff survived the drought fine! :mad:

Around .75. Here completely bs compared to what they predicted. But better then nothing. Now looks like it's about to get dry again.
I was really hoping that system would indicate a change in the weather patterns. However, that doesn't appear to be the case. Long-range models are not very favorable for rain in the near future. Maybe next Wednesday, but again, not looking good.

Although all of the models have a big hurricane in the Gulf by late next week.

Last edited:
I was really hoping that system would indicate a change in the weather patterns. However, that doesn't appear to be the case. Long-range models are very favorable for rain in the near future. Maybe next Wednesday, but again, not looking good.

Although all of the models have a big hurricane in the Gulf by late next week.
Yes, another hurricane coming. Still a ways away so nothing certain where it will go, but most likely Big Bend of Florida and across Georgia, so maybe our East TN folks will get some out of it.

Yes, another hurricane coming. Still a ways away so nothing certain where it will go, but most likely Big Bend of Florida and across Georgia, so maybe our East TN folks will get some out of it.
Yup. Right now, most of the models bring it ashore in the Tallahassee area, then cutting across southern and eastern GA and back out to sea. Exact timing is different, but most have landfall around Thursday Sept 26, give or take a day.

Back