• Help Support TNDeer:

Did the Park Ranger lie?

OnX shows my farm belonging to someone else.
How long have you owned it? I think it has more to do with the county property tax assessor being up to date since that's what OnX goes by on private property. My neighboring property stayed listed under the same owner for ten years after he was dead. Property changed hands three times but the county map showed the same as OnX with him still owning it. Once the county map finally updated, so did OnX to the current owner. Didn't matter to me because I knew, but still, it'd be nice to have up to date information at least every six months.

How long have you owned it? I think it has more to do with the county property tax assessor being up to date since that's what OnX goes by on private property. My neighboring property stayed listed under the same owner for ten years after he was dead. Property changed hands three times but the county map showed the same as OnX with him still owning it. Once the county map finally updated, so did OnX to the current owner. Didn't matter to me because I knew, but still, it'd be nice to have up to date information at least every six months.
It's been it the family since the 1930's. My sister and I have been on the deed about 7 years. This man doesn't even own any neighboring properties.
His name showed up on an 1.5 acre tract last year, so I called the Register of Deeds. She said nothing had changed in her office. Now the whole farm shows up in his name on OnX.

It's been it the family since the 1930's. My sister and I have been on the deed about 7 years. This man doesn't even own any neighboring properties.
His name showed up on an 1.5 acre tract last year, so I called the Register of Deeds. She said nothing had changed in her office. Now the whole farm shows up in his name on OnX.
I think a visit to the courthouse would be in order.

I'm in that building all the time working on the HVAC. I wouldn't put much faith into any information, let alone accurate information you obtain from there. Friendly, yes, knowledgeable, no.
typical government run building. I think it matters who you are talking to at the time, talk to another person, get a different answer.

Latest posts

Back