• Help Support TNDeer:

Direct tv shutdown Disney channels

Wow I just can home and got the same message. What is everyone going to switch to ? I have Verizon for my internet so I can switch to any streaming . YouTube TV perhaps?

I'm not sure switching is the right idea...

What is going on is Disney (espn/ abc) are jacking up their prices to the providers since they have a monopoly (well, I guess they control 95% of college football... NBC has a few games). The providers are pushing back and saying if we raise rates to our customers to account for the increase we are going to lose business. Disney says screw you, we are losing so much money making woke movies we need to stick it to the consumer, jack the rates up, our shareholders are dumping our stock and we need SOMETHING that is a cash cow.

Instead of switching providers, I would strongly suggest you boycott ESPN altogether. Cancel your provider, get an antenna, and listen to your favorite teams radio broadcast for free over the internet. Save the $2000 per year you are spending to watch football and invest it. You will get to retire a full year earlier.

I'm not sure switching is the right idea...

Instead of switching providers, I would strongly suggest you boycott ESPN altogether. Cancel your provider, get an antenna, and listen to your favorite teams radio broadcast for free over the internet. Save the $2000 per year you are spending to watch football and invest it. You will get to retire a full year earlier.
Mega is right. Plus someone will usually pirate a lot of the games on you tube (free version).

What KIND of antenna are you guys talking about.
Arrow is pointing at my antenna hooked to the TV. About the size of a mouse pad. I tried it behind the TV, but I didn't get quite as good reception as locating it higher up. Not too intrusive

And the major networks broadcast 4K... nothing like what it used to be 10 years ago.

Stop paying for ESPN!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_163925_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20240902_163925_Gallery.webp
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
There were a couple of programs that we watched on the Disney channel. Wife and I got fed up with their WOKE BS and cancelled it. Found the programs streaming elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back