• Help Support TNDeer:

Do you remember?

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
I don't remember what it was called but it literally was a string that attached to your bow and arrow. When you shot the deer it just unravel, that way you just follow the string to your deer. I was just thinking about some of the old gimmick that we used to have around to use.

Did anyone on here ever use one?

Last edited:
I don't remember what it was called but it literally was a string that attached to your bow and arrow. When you shot the deer it just unravel, that way you just follow the string to your deer. I was just thinking about some of the old gimmick that we used to have around to use.

Did anyone on here ever use one?
Yep, string tracker. Had a buck pull my bow out of my hand one morning when the string got tangled up in the reel😂 it was like huntin and fishin, deer fishin😂

yeah I was gonna say just shoot one with a bow fishing reel and tie that sucker off quickly before all the slack went tight!

Then all you gotta do is jump down and finish him off with the ole trusty mop handle!

I use one on one deer in the early 90's and it worked as advertised. In fact, I made a sloppy hit and the deer ran all 1000 feet of string out and then some. If not for the string, I probably wouldn't have found that deer. However, beyond 20 yards it caused the arrow to drop like a stone. I never used it again.

Latest posts

Back