• Help Support TNDeer:

Dunstan Chestnut Trees

No, I no longer have any land myself, but I enjoyed reading about them. During the past few years, I've been trying to convince a nephew to plant several Dunstans on family ground to improve the habitat for deer. I typically click on the "like" button as a way of marking which posts I have read and which I haven't.

No, I no longer have any land myself, but I enjoyed reading about them. During the past few years, I've been trying to convince a nephew to plant several Dunstans on family ground to improve the habitat for deer. I typically click on the "like" button as a way of marking which posts I have read and which I haven't.
Okay I was just being curious. Work on that nephew cause I've been working with Dunstans for almost 10 years and it's a great tree. Chime in any time. Good luck if your deer hunting.

Okay I was just being curious. Work on that nephew cause I've been working with Dunstans for almost 10 years and it's a great tree. Chime in any time. Good luck if your deer hunting.
Absolutely a great tree. Got over 900 in the fridge to stratify and grow for next season. This was off of 4 trees that are 7 years old.

I plan to plant about 40-50 of them. But hopefully sell what takes

Trays of nuts for stratification and eating. Over 700 in the trays. Buckets for deer and planting in woods now. Just an experiment but not expecting much.

IMG_9585.webp
IMG_9583.webp

Latest posts

Back