• Help Support TNDeer:

Finally a keeper

catman529

Been fishing Normandy for 2 years now, not very often, but enough times it has taken me forever to figure anything out. Caught one short walleye back when I started fishing it.

Finally last night caught a keeper eye on a live stoneroller around 1:15am. Was fishing with a white light and I had a few more hits before I ran out of bait and had to quit.

Stayed overnight and caught a few cats during the day. No luck on jugs or limblines, lost one jug I couldn't find. Caught a bunch of channel cats on nightcrawlers and threw 2 of them in the cooler. Fish fry tonight

8f5ce1e13a740b83c3a4179f7aa3705b.jpg

a6c4856184b03f6b05d4391e85a9a9d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Finally a keeper

They've been catching a lot of them there lately. A friend of mine caught some real nice ones there earlier this week all from midnight til around 2 am trolling crankbaits.

Good going Catman. And I thought your handle came from having a house full of cats. Anybody that fishes all night for catfish deserves the name. Congrats on the walleye!

paincave_2000":pcacovjb said:
They've been catching a lot of them there lately. A friend of mine caught some real nice ones there earlier this week all from midnight til around 2 am trolling crankbaits.
I usually troll crankbaits but I know live bait is hard to beat and I aint fooling around when I try to catch walleye I just want to catch em. I still troll during the day, actually ran a crawler harness and a rapala DHJ along the dam but ended up catching another catfish on the worm harness

fairchaser":3j14zbnp said:
Good going Catman. And I thought your handle came from having a house full of cats. Anybody that fishes all night for catfish deserves the name. Congrats on the walleye!
Ha thanks, made the username when I was 12 and had got into catching catfish in the creek.

Congratulations on your walleye :)

catman529":3dzghujo said:
. . . . . made the username when I was 12 and had got into catching catfish in the creek.
Seriously, all this time I was thinking you were simply a lover of cats, as in "house" cats. Not kidding.
Keep in mind we haven't always had those avatars like your current one holding the catfish.

TheLBLman":jlw3hp7j said:
Congratulations on your walleye :)

catman529":jlw3hp7j said:
. . . . . made the username when I was 12 and had got into catching catfish in the creek.
Seriously, all this time I was thinking you were simply a lover of cats, as in "house" cats. Not kidding.
Keep in mind we haven't always had those avatars like your current one holding the catfish.
I do like cats, but not enough to make a username of it. Lol, just coincidence. The first forum I joined on the Internet was a catfishing forum, so that was the name I chose. Oh and the avatar is a grass carp. Been almost 2 years so I need to come up with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidTennFisher":2k9wk6sn said:
Enjoy the fish fry, you earned it!
It was good, the fish did not last long at all, 4 of us eating it. I had leftover hot chicken though. And the hush puppies were about right... bacon & jalapeno stuffed with cheddar cheese in the middle

Back