• Help Support TNDeer:

Season summary.. and met another member

TNReb

Our club had its end-of-the-year classic on Wilson this weekend. I knew ZachMarkus fished there a lot, so I pinged him a couple of weeks ago. He gave me a couple of tips for fishing the tail race. I wound up running into him up there yesterday. Zach, thanks for the help. I wish we had longer to talk. It was good to finally meet you, even if it was just from a boat.

So to sum up my tournament season..

I fish a local club with 50 members. We have 6 regular season tournaments, a Top 10 Tournament (if you qualify), and a 2-day Classic.

I finished 4th at Guntersville and Percy Priest. Nothing else was worth mentioning, but I managed to finish 2nd in points after the 6 regular season tournaments.

That got me in to the Top 10 tournament, which was also on Percy Priest. I managed to win that.

The Classic at Wilson was this weekend. We were allowed to practice Wednesday and Thursday. The tournament was Friday and Saturday.

On Thursday I caught my new pb smallmouth. It was just shy of 5 1/2.

exported_5F81E4A3-E1E6-423F-B92F-CE4A4EE7E0AB.webp

On Friday, ZachMarkus's tail race tips helped out. I caught 4 of my keepers there and a 3.5lb largemouth flipping a bluff.

On Saturday, I couldn't get bit in the tailrace. I had one keeper there, and caught the other four flipping a bluff.

I wound up winning by a little over 8lbs. I really wanted to win to win our Classic last year (on Neely Henry), but I lost by 0.47 lbs. It felt good to get it done this year and finish off the season with back-to-back wins. I also managed to have Big Fish both days of the classic, which was a nice bonus.

IMG_0024.webp

IMG_0001.webp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back