• Help Support TNDeer:

First Trout Fishing Trip

WG3

Got to go on my first trout fishing trip over the weekend. I got to go through work to the Norfork River Resort. It Set where the Norfork and white river meet. Got there on Thursday and started fishing on Friday morning. Went out with two other people and the guide, he was able to put us on some bigger fish right at the start. One guy caught a 18 and 22 inch brown trout, legal being a 24 inch trout. Then I caught a 16.5 inch rainbow, I won a cabin legal big fish with it. We all caught about 30 a piece and keep some good fish to take home. On Saturday we went out for some big fish, I caught a couple of brons around 18 inches, a 16 inch brown, and another 16.5 rainbow. We caught a few more to take home, but didn't do as good as the day before. All in all it was a great trip.
image_zpsawluz2w9.jpeg
image_zpsa2i8bdhm.jpeg

That's awesome! I love the Norfork River, especially close to the dam.

The White River, however, is my own version of kryptonite. For whatever reason, I just cannot do well there.

That's great! I have never caught a trout. Some day I would like to get a nice one to put on the wall. I think they are such a beautiful fish.

Nice! Used to go to the Norfork River Resorts with my inlaws every spring. We haven't been able to make it happen for a while. It's a great place to stay and always good trout fishing. I never caught many Browns but always got a limit of skillet size rainbows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back