• Help Support TNDeer:

Fishing the Caney while generating

REN

can you still fish the Caney if they are are generating 2? I am not sure i have been there when 2 were going but that seems like a lot of water lol. Was going to go put in at Happy Hollow tomorrow and go to Betties Island but wanted to make sure its even possible with that much water if the schedule stays the same as today.

well after looking at the schedule again if it stays the same then it should be fine. we are putting in at 5ish in the morning and the schedule today was only 1 generater till 9am then 2. we should be WAY downstream when they start the 2nd one.

Wear a life jacket and bring a chainsaw. Especially if you are fishing outta that pond hopper with 2 generators running.
Be VERY careful if they kick it up. LOTS of strainers (trees in the water) that will flip your boat if you get tangled up in them with that much current. Even worse if you wind up in the water and pinned against a tree. Wear your life jacket.... did I already say that?

That said, Hope you get a perfect float on one generator and catch a couple whoppers. Send me pix of a couple nice ones !

Latest posts

Back