• Help Support TNDeer:

Fontana Lake?

BowtechDan

Anyone ever fish there? Is Bryson City the place to stay and eat? I'm thinking about heading up there one day when this heat breaks. Thanks.

beautiful lake. deep, clear, cool water fishing. i never do any good in those types of lakes. i think more lack of experience than lack of fish.

I grew up fishing on Fontana. It can have some great fishing in the spring of the year when the fish are shallow. Later in the year it gets tough and the best fishing is often at night. I remember one year in August when we found some nice smallmouth schooling around a hump and had some great fishing, but otherwise it is tough this time of year.

Horse Cove I think it's called is where we always stayed. They have camping and a boat ramp, aint been up there in several years but like was mentioned earlier this time of year night is best but I have had decent luck trolling a spoon or Rapala parallel to the bank around the rocky points in Hazel and Eagle creeks.

Fontana is one gorgeous lake! Never really fished it but would love to for just the shear beauty..,

Latest posts

Back