• Help Support TNDeer:

For Gravey

😂😂😂

This is what my wife loves so we prefer glass more than the fishermen do. Not too often we get it or should I say she gets it because I don't slalom and really don't ski.
IMG_2761.jpeg

I do like to wakeboard and kneeboard a few times every year and the wave on both isnt bad either.
IMG_7008.jpeg

That said here's a surf wave for you. Going to Tim's Ford tomorrow and she's already said she wants to surf. 😜🤣

Lol. Thats why i avoid Tims Ford until October. In reality, recreational boaters have just as much right to the water ways as sportsman. But i have enjoyed hitting the twra lakes, especially williamsport (blue cat and shellcracker) recently where their is virtuslly no noise and no wake.

There was a law passed within the last year that these wake boats are not to be producing wakes within 200 feet of the shore... Where my house and boat dock is they cannot run them and it has taken me the better part of the year to get them to stop wake boarding in the area... I have been nice and just been informing them of the law that went into effect July 1 last year and so far all of them have been nice about it as well. They have just moved up to wider portions of the lake and I will say it has helped the shore line on my property.

No offense, but wake boats should not be allowed on lakes. They do more damage than any other boat to the shoreline and for sure docks. And most do not understand they are responsible (just like any other boat) for the damage the waves made by their boats can make.
Absolutely.
Both of y'all can kiss my arse! 😜🤣

Seriously though yes some folks with wake boats have no sense when it comes how and where to drive them but by y'all's reasoning I would lump all fishermen into the same a-hole group because I've had them come by me running Mach one while I'm anchored or troll within mere feet of me while anchored back in a cove. As for the rollers wake boats make when surfing yes they're huge but if you stay out of their way too you're fine. When I see them I go wide and slow down and it's not a big deal. Some of the biggest rollers I've ever encountered were from cabin cruisers. Those things can be brutal but again slow down and swing wide. Really not that big of a deal. The problem is everybody thinks the lake was made for them instead of sharing the resource. No different than many things going on in our world. It's called having a little respect for your peers.

Seriously though yes some folks with wake boats have no sense when it comes how and where to drive them but by y'all's reasoning I would lump all fishermen into the same a-hole group because I've had them come by me running Mach one while I'm anchored or troll within mere feet of me while anchored back in a cove. As for the rollers wake boats make when surfing yes they're huge but if you stay out of their way too you're fine. When I see them I go wide and slow down and it's not a big deal. Some of the biggest rollers I've ever encountered were from cabin cruisers. Those things can be brutal but again slow down and swing wide. Really not that big of a deal. The problem is everybody thinks the lake was made for them instead of sharing the resource. No different than many things going on in our world. It's called having a little respect for your peers.
I agree with the cabin cruisers to, they are on priest and are just as bad. As far as bass boats going fast, I would much rather them stay on plane and keep rolling but I know what you mean by to close. When they pass close enough and a small error they could hit you, then yes they are to close and it happens more often than not.

There was a law passed within the last year that these wake boats are not to be producing wakes within 200 feet of the shore... Where my house and boat dock is they cannot run them and it has taken me the better part of the year to get them to stop wake boarding in the area... I have been nice and just been informing them of the law that went into effect July 1 last year and so far all of them have been nice about it as well. They have just moved up to wider portions of the lake and I will say it has helped the shore line on my property.

They can run 300ft away and the wake can still carry to shore. The law is worthless.

The boats are aggravating to fishermen, but I'm sure they think fishermen are in their way and are aggravating to them.

Everyone should have the same rights to use the lake. 10% of the wakeboarders give 90% a bad name. Same for fishermen probably.

Random story...
Every Tuesday evening we have a quick 3-hour tournament. We blasted off, and I was the second boat out. We are running full speed and a jet ski cuts between me and #1. No problem.. I saw them. Then, all of the sudden they pulled a complete u-turn and came back through the line of boats running full speed out of the creek. I laid on my horn and held it.. crap like that is what gets people killed.

Then later during our tournament you could see police lights at the campground... and sure enough, a 10 year old had been killed in a jet ski accident. Nobody in the tournament was involved or anything.. but man.. just awful.

Last edited:

When you camp ALOT in a primitive camp spot and its right at a mile across the lake and at least half have to come right by camp, you would not be fond of wakeboarding! Water super clear till about 10AM. 1st wakeboard boat comes by and water muddy 5-10 feet from shore. I've had waves that come over back of 18ft boat all the way to console HUNDREDS of times.

When you camp ALOT in a primitive camp spot and its right at a mile across the lake and at least half have to come right by camp, you would not be fond of wakeboarding! Water super clear till about 10AM. 1st wakeboard boat comes by and water muddy 5-10 feet from shore. I've had waves that come over back of 18ft boat all the way to console HUNDREDS of times.
You HAVE to see how cute they think they are! They NEED attention! I'm 100% convinced that's the only reason they buy that crap. If you you told a pleasure boater they could have the whole lake for a day and absolutely nobody would be within 10 miles of shore they would stay home. It's all about attention. Period.

I've also had bass boats come by very fast and left hardly a wake. I've also had them troll by me very close and caused ZERO problems!

As I've said many times before there are idiots driving every type of watercraft that give that particular group a bad name. Maybe it's because I grew up fishing and kneeboarding that I have a respect for both and do my best to not mess with anybody. For what it's worth we've surfed 1 time this year and it was late in the day when most had headed for home.
You HAVE to see how cute they think they are! They NEED attention! I'm 100% convinced that's the only reason they buy that crap. If you you told a pleasure boater they could have the whole lake for a day and absolutely nobody would be within 10 miles of shore they would stay home. It's all about attention. Period.
You need to put the crack pipe down. I just wish I was closer to your lake. 😜
af smoking GIF

I've also had bass boats come by very fast and left hardly a wake. I've also had them troll by me very close and caused ZERO problems!
One mishap flying by and they're across your boat and probably dead too. As for trolling by I really don't care but if I took the fisherman mentality I'd whine about them having the rest of the lake for that and why do they have to come into the cove I'm anchored in for peace and quiet. Again I don't care as I share it with everybody.

They can run 300ft away and the wake can still carry to shore. The law is worthless.

The boats are aggravating to fishermen, but I'm sure they think fishermen are in their way and are aggravating to them.

Everyone should have the same rights to use the lake. 10% of the wakeboarders give 90% a bad name. Same for fishermen probably.

Random story...
Every Tuesday evening we have a quick 3-hour tournament. We blasted off, and I was the second boat out. We are running full speed and a jet ski cuts between me and #1. No problem.. I saw them. Then, all of the sudden they pulled a complete u-turn and came back through the line of boats running full speed out of the creek. I laid on my horn and held it.. crap like that is what gets people killed.

Then later during our tournament you could see police lights at the campground... and sure enough, a 10 year old had been killed in a jet ski accident. Nobody in the tournament was involved or anything.. but man.. just awful.
I agree that everyone should be able to use the lake, but wake boats are creating "ocean like" conditions so they can "surf", to me that does not belong on a lake, especially a smaller lake like Priest. Maybe in an area or 2 closer to the dam but the rest of the lake should be a no go.

Lots of mishaps and alot of dead fisherman! Not! There is not enough coves for everyone to pick one and have it all to themselves.
So you're telling me fishing boats don't collide? Guess my grandfather and his partner getting t-boned on Priest years ago resulting in my grandfather being thrown in the January water with goose down jacket didn't happen and is a figment of my imagination. Guess his entire back being black and blue from the impact missing him by a foot or two is my imagination too!

I guess the 10-year old killed on Old Hickory while at Camp Boxwell yesterday when 2 jet skis collided was a wake boats fault. 🙄

Again I don't care as we rarely surf and when we do are away from everybody and in an area that's safe. Lumping all wake boats together is ignorant at best. I can take surfing or not and have told my wife many times if she ever decides she doesn't want to be able to surf I'll sell the boat and buy a tritoon or regular runabout. Our primary deal when on the lake is for her slalom skiing but most of the time it's too rough and no glass since we typically can only go on the weekend.

Sorry @Gravey. Didn't mean to start anything.

I'd be happy to drive your boat someday while you surf the massive wake we are throwing.
No need to apologize. This thread has made me realize the lakes were for fisherman only and recreational boaters have no right there. 😳🙄😲🤣

Latest posts

Back