• Help Support TNDeer:

Found my target buck

megalomaniac

Range shift has started, just got a new buck on cam this morn. Super pumped about going after him! Just hope he has a laid back personality and doesn't blind all my older bucks before mid Nov

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_085817.webp
    Screenshot_20241001_085817.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
NICE!! I noticed the shift a few days before the hurricane. I also found another "target"...lol...I don't do "target" bucks. For me it's shooter/non shooter. But this new one, wow, on none of the cams this year. Hopefully he stays and doesn't get run off by my "Bully"...

Funny thing is, I don't know who he is from past years. After this cell pic this morn, we checked cards on a non cell cam half mile away on 120a cut corn and he was on that cam last week.

Found another cull on that cam. He is only 4.5, but has a crazy long frame, so should go 225lbs after he fills out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_110352_Messages.webp
    Screenshot_20241001_110352_Messages.webp
    173 KB · Views: 1
It's so strange to me... for the past 3 years I no longer give a rip about a deers rack. I just want to kill the oldest/ heaviest/ baddest deer on the farms. Save the pretty racked deer for guests or kids.

Plus, the old huge deer have more flavor and taste better to me (IF aged properly).

This buck is a super freak!!! I really hope you get him, he looks like he means business!

I have shot a lot of wonky bucks that were the bullies of the bunch. I saw what I thought was a spike at first last season. Then I saw him rubbing a tree and thought, O wow he's got a big boy frame, a full on goal post!

Turned out to be a big weird 5 point. No regrets busting him, he was way bigger than the basket 10 point I killed later in the season.

This buck is a super freak!!! I really hope you get him, he looks like he means business!

I have shot a lot of wonky bucks that were the bullies of the bunch. I saw what I thought was a spike at first last season. Then I saw him rubbing a tree and thought, O wow he's got a big boy frame, a full on goal post!

Turned out to be a big weird 5 point. No regrets busting him, he was way bigger than the basket 10 point I killed later in the season.

IMG_2722.webp

Back