• Help Support TNDeer:

French Broad is on fire today

SES

I wish me and my son would have gone fishing instead of chasing turkeys this morning. Buddy of mine has a limit of crappie, sauger, and has caught more stripe than you can shake a stick at in some shoals up from John Sevier Bridge. Two crappie over 14".

SES, I've never fish the French Broad. Do you know a place I can fish off the bank with my wheelchair. I'm wanting to do some fishing with my son, but we don't have a boat, and trying to find a spot where we can fish successfully from the bank has been a challenge. Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't know of any bank access any where near that part of the river. The closest access up river is Huffaker Ferry and it is not wheelchair accessible at all. I really can't think of any wheelchair accessible water from the dam all the way to Knoxville

I think they made a portion at the dam... the boat launch side, that is wheelchair accessible. I'm not positive on that but ill try and check it out this week. Maybe Wayne can comment on this. I've caught a bunch of white bass right below there and I've seen people catch crappie, bream and white bass from that concrete area. Throwing a panther Martin or rooster tail I've seen it be almost every cast right when they turn the water on.

Latest posts

Back