• Help Support TNDeer:

Fun day

megalomaniac

Never fished post hurricane, but weather forecast was beautiful today and I haven't been in 3 weeks. Met a friend from the coast at the launch and we headed out at 610.

Left the marsh to fish the mouths of the bayous and the water was incredibly beautiful... Plenty of salinity despite the 8 inches of rain Wednesday, and water clarity was great. Water was very high, and the breakwater rocks off the shore were completely submerged. Watched a guy in a 22ft center console rip off his lower unit and destroy his hull running into them. Fortunately they didn't sink, as I'm not sure my boat could hold another 3 people.

No bait, 1 short flounder, so we headed back into the marsh and started hopping spots. Picked up a trout there and there, prob had caught 20 by the time we made it to spot #11. For whatever reason, spot #11 was LOADED. 18ft hole, miles from the gulf, and the fish were suspended under the surface in the hole. Fish every cast until we got tired of catching them. All shorts, so we left them biting after catching 60 or so to go looking for keepers. Never found the motherlode of keepers, but we felt like we still won. Never saw another boat once we got back into the marsh.

Latest posts

Back