• Help Support TNDeer:

Gibson Co lake

Bamamonts

I'm thinking about going bass fishing there this Sunday.
Has anybody been lately or have any advice for bass
fishing on the lake? Thanks in advance.

Haven't been lately.
Leave the ramp and go straight out and veer to the right.
You will see the trees that look to be part of an old fence row.
Just to the left of them there is a drop off.
Hung saw and lost at the boat the largest bass I have ever personally seen in my life right there.
Good luck!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

We didn't catch any fish but it was the first trip if the year and the boat ran good and it was a really nice day on the water. We had a good time.
We will be back and try them again another day.
Man that's tough to lose a big one at the boat.
There's diffently some big fish in there.

Sounds like some of my luck bamamonts! I'm sure you enjoyed being out on the water none the less.

Not to Hijack but Ruger, did you go to the 1000 acre lake this weekend? how was the fishing?

Bamamonts":7fo5p4kv said:
We didn't catch any fish but it was the first trip if the year and the boat ran good and it was a really nice day on the water. We had a good time.
We will be back and try them again another day.
Man that's tough to lose a big one at the boat.
There's diffently some big fish in there.

We ended up going to the 1,000 acre lake.
I have had worse days, we caught 6 bass, largest being about 1 1/2 pounds.
Pretty typical day there for me.

I have found the bass at Gibson hard to catch, but that being said, I am not a very good bass fisherman.
I do wish I could have got that one in the boat.
I have caught up to ALMOST 8 pounds before and this thing dwarfed anything I have ever seen in my life.
Really will never know how you lose one off a 5/0 Gamakatsu worm hook but I managed to do it.
I have a net in my boat now though. ;)

cbhunter":3o01kp4r said:
Not to Hijack but Ruger, did you go to the 1000 acre lake this weekend? how was the fishing?

LOL I answered before I even saw this. :)

We caught 6, the largest was about 1 1/2 pounds.
Pretty typical for me there.

My son caught 2 on a goldish / red crankbait and 2 on a wacky worm.
I caught 2, both on my ultralight with a yellow roostertail.

RUGER":1buhdq2d said:
cbhunter":1buhdq2d said:

LOL I answered before I even saw this. :)

We caught 6, the largest was about 1 1/2 pounds.
Pretty typical for me there.

My son caught 2 on a goldish / red crankbait and 2 on a wacky worm.
I caught 2, both on my ultralight with a yellow roostertail.
it should really pick up here in a few weeks.
Buddy of mine and 2 other guys caught 73 crappie yesterday at Birdsong. They fished from daylight until 3-4 though.

Mike Belt":2icl5yqs said:
Ruger... I've read several times about how you like the yellow rooster tails. You ever try a Mepps spinner?

Not in a very long time.
Brings back good memories though.
Might have to pick me some up.

I grew up fishing small farm ponds using the old Heddon Hepps spinners... and absolutely wore the bass out. They originally had a single clasp holding the spinner on the shaft but the more you used the lure the weaker that clasp got and it would close up and in turn, the spinner wouldn't spin. I don't know if I was partly instrumental in them changing but I was constantly contacting that company complaining, sending in my malfunctioning spinners, and recommending they go to a double clasp. They finally did and sent me something like 2 cards full of them to try. That did the trick and I continued catching a lot of bass. Shortly after that they headed out of business. A Rooster Tail spinner was as close as I could get to the old Hepps but I never liked their narrow bladed spinner. Then Mepps began putting out the old type spinners that Hepps had been making and I was in business again. I still use them; silver on most occasions and bronze in really murky water. #3 is my go to size. I like #2s also but the treble hooks are too small and need to be replaced with larger.

Latest posts

Back