A few in my front fields this morn on my way to work

Attachments

• 403A9BA4-CC4E-4A65-B1AF-3C270909C7D9.jpeg
    403A9BA4-CC4E-4A65-B1AF-3C270909C7D9.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 1A3542D6-3F78-4466-AD00-3E3142BDC5EF.jpeg
    1A3542D6-3F78-4466-AD00-3E3142BDC5EF.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 85
If I didn't have to work turkey season wouldn't be so hard on me! Heard 2 this morning in a different area. One of them seemed to have lost his best friend and was trying to find her! Poor guy was going nuts. Hunting or just listening there is nothing like hearing one gobble! I can't wait to retire.

Went this afternoon and shot my 2 turkey guns. Later looked a little for some morels/ "dry land fish". Found one. Yeah. That's a start. Not heard any gobblng yet.

Went out this morning and only heard one about a mile or more away,don't look good for me opening morning.I only saw very little scratching,used to be so good years ago on my places,just had to decide which gobbler to go to!!

Went out this morning and only heard one about a mile or more away,don't look good for me opening morning.I only saw very little scratching,used to be so good years ago on my places,just had to decide which gobbler to go to!!
Same on my places in Wilson Co, it's pitiful now walk for miles with no interactions where be4 there was so many you didn't know which way to go with all the gobbling. Alot of the farms around me there is no hunting allowed on these farms could see 100-200 easy now your fortunate to see 10.

They were gobbling good in my part of lincoln county for about a month. 2 different flocks i can hear from the porch. About 10 days ago they just quit. They may have just moved a bit and i just cant hear them anymore. When I could hear them it sounded like 2 or 3 gobblers and some jakes.I have permission to hunt one of the farms but with the season here being pushed out the farmer will most likely have sprayed the field and they will be gone. The field goes from 100 acres of bugs and seeds to a 100 acre wasteland. Anyone who thinks that herbicides arent impacting turkeys are incredibly naive in my opinion.

Opening morning heard a couple about a mile away. About 8:00 called in 2 jakes. Let them walk. Sunday morning walked about 3 1/2 miles and nothing. Yesterday nothing. This morning before the rain, heard 3 way off. No scratch activity anywhere, that I've noticed.

Opening morning heard a couple about a mile away. About 8:00 called in 2 jakes. Let them walk. Sunday morning walked about 3 1/2 miles and nothing. Yesterday nothing. This morning before the rain, heard 3 way off. No scratch activity anywhere, that I've noticed.

Very few if any turkeys where Im hunting,have not seen even one turkey,Opening morning heard one!

Gobbling was pretty good for the opener in the mornings. I attribute that more to weather than anything. Although my turkeys got pretty quiet as soon as his hens showed up.. No midday gobbling either I am guessing still surrounded by a ton of hens..

Latest posts

Back