• Help Support TNDeer:

Going to eat good

catman529

Figure this one will taste especially good, coming out of the Caney. I threw 12" rainbows back because I knew what I wanted. Went from about 6 pm till 10 pm yesterday evening. Hope to catch some more trout next time and hopefully some more of these eyes too.

18"

4a16a6a648025d44d13f884674d2d69a.jpg

1cdbdf4ebcfccea5f728ba47de6bfcf4.jpg

Sent from the talk of tap

MidTennFisher":33npppfc said:
Oh they're good! Did you catch a bunch of short Walleye too? Every time I go we wind up catching several 8-12" Walleye as well as the one or two keepers we get.
nah surprisingly that was the only eye that evening

TboneD":35u6ccl6 said:
Those filets will be WAY tastier than the 'bows you threw back. Way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks and yea the only trout I really like is smoked and made into dip, or occasionally grilled on the skin

catman529":30vawg6o said:
TboneD":30vawg6o said:

thanks and yea the only trout I really like is smoked and made into dip, or occasionally grilled on the skin

I don't know why, but the little wild trout from mountain streams taste like a different fish altogether compared to the tailwater stocked trout, and are ten times better tasting.

TboneD":3p7o2z40 said:
catman529":3p7o2z40 said:
TboneD":3p7o2z40 said:

I don't know why, but the little wild trout from mountain streams taste like a different fish altogether compared to the tailwater stocked trout, and are ten times better tasting.

I don't doubt it

Latest posts

Back