• Help Support TNDeer:

Got in on the action. Sorta.

Spurhunter

My son was out of school Monday and I was stuck at work so he went fishing with another guy and brought home 24. I helped him clean them so I guess that counts as being in on the action. Meanwhile I still haven't had time to fish in 2017.

c7633abaaeeacea6da7243f5fd99ffc9.jpg

Re: Got in on the action. Sorta.

I wish I was a better crappie fisherman.
I just can't seem to catch them very often.

I get SO bored just floating around straight-down jigging for them is the main reason I can't catch them.
I give up quick when I can't find them.

Good lookin' mess.

I'm cravin' me some fried crappie, but haven't been able to make it out so far either.

RUGER":4ql1ws7a said:
I wish I was a better crappie fisherman.
I just can't seem to catch them very often.

I get SO bored just floating around straight-down jigging for them is the main reason I can't catch them.
I give up quick when I can't find them.

I only jig when they are shallow. When they move deep I spider rig with minnows. Spider rigging with minnows for suspended crappie is the easiest fishing you can do. IF they want to bite. I find crappie to be on fire or lockjawed. And when they are lockjawed nothing I can do will make them eat. Typically they will all suspend at about the same depth. I watch my graphs, see where they are holding, and set my minnows to the right depth. IF they want to eat, I will catch them. If they are lockjawed I will go home empty handed. And it helps to have buddies that fish all the time that tell you where to start looking. I guess to sum it up, some days I think it should be illegal it's so easy and some days I can't catch 'em to save my life! :tu:

Latest posts

Back