• Help Support TNDeer:

Great Day at The Office

rsimms

the_office.jpg

Wednesday was a great day at "The Office." :D

I got to fish with Ed Anderson from Crossville, and his grandsons, Cadin & Casin. Unlike the last couple of trips out, the action was NOT fast & furious. The water has risen on Chickamauga Lake at least three feet in just a few days. I think it has the crappie a bit confused... spread out hither, thither and yon.

However we trudged (trolled) along on what I always tell folks "is a marathon, not a sprint," and slowly but surely added one crappie after another to the livewell. At one point I stopped trolling and cast jigs under floats in a couple of shallow spots, one of which paid off with 6 or 8 beautiful spawners.

In six hours fishing, 27 crappie won a free ride back to Crossville. However I do wish we had been fishing the upcoming Crappie for Canines Tournament, because the average size of the fish we caught yesterday was the biggest I've seen all year. I think we only had one or two 10-inchers.

Sadly, I really think my preferred "pre-spawn trolling" bite is almost done for. But no matter. That's normal this time of year. I have a couple of more crappie clients in the wings, but I will soon be transitioning to my Springtime Tailwater Catfish. I've already stocked up on chicken and one of partners has fixed me up with a freezer full of skipjack. Let the cattin' around begin. :party:

That means life is good and getting better every day!

ed_grandsons.jpg

casin.jpg

Life has got in the way recently, but I want to get out to Cuba Landing to catch a mess of crappie in the bushes. My favorite way of catching them is long poling them in the bushes.

TNOutdoorCo":2cm9ppbh said:
Life has got in the way recently, but I want to get out to Cuba Landing to catch a mess of crappie in the bushes. My favorite way of catching them is long poling them in the bushes.

I just hope they are there when the water comes up!

Sent from this smart thingamajig using tapatalk.

Back