• Help Support TNDeer:

Great day on the creek with a sad ending (update)

catman529

I didn't expect much but we caught some fish.

Here's what I caught, all on a Zoom Fat Albert.

1b10322463f4af8e8cab60024eee05e7.jpg

a99d22bbae543f6054592b5c417f8562.jpg

b24dbefe5814327379b73efa64a88146.jpg

c01dc5bba55c6f112359d4ec53a08a1e.jpg

e314ffe58d81c17c0260b6f7288b533d.jpg

But somewhere along the way, my favorite fishing rod, one I've had longer than any other, got snagged in some bushes near the bank as we got closer to the take out spot. It was in my rod holder behind the seat on my kayak, and came out when I wasn't paying attention. It was a 7'0" Ugly Stik that my granddad bought me when I was 11 or 12. It's been everywhere, caught all kinds of fish. Even got pulled into the surf by a rising tide in New Jersey, and snagged back to shore by another ugly stik. It's the last rod I would want to lose, and I'm going back in the morning to see if it might be hung on a tree branch or not. It kills me to think I don't have that rod anymore, I really hope I can find it. But I don't think it's likely. And I only brought it for backup, never even cast it once today. Should have left it. Dang

UPDATE found my rod, pic is in another post below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Great day on the creek with a sad ending.

Nice catch. Hope you find your pole, sounds like it has a lot of sentimental value for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob-HC Hunter":1dair2kf said:
Nice catch. Hope you find your pole, sounds like it has a lot of sentimental value for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
more than most things I have, that beat up fishing rod has a lot of meaning to me, and I still catch fish on it.

hate you lost it for the sentimental reasons. But losing an ugly Stik is the only way to destroy it. Dang good rods.

I loved their slogan they had a few years ago. "They catch hell almost as good as they catch fish"..........

rukiddin":2idqykr7 said:
hate you lost it for the sentimental reasons. But losing an ugly Stik is the only way to destroy it. Dang good rods.

I loved their slogan they had a few years ago. "They catch hell almost as good as they catch fish"..........
It's true, I treated that rod like crap, it lost a couple of inserts, and the enamel had been corroded and faded, but it still kept hauling in lures, baits and fish. Man I hope I can find it tomorrow. Almsot worth swimming in the cold water to search for. I have one good idea where it may have got snagged out of my kayak, and I will put more effort in that location, but I I will look everywhere.

Hate that for you. Hope you find it. I know how sentimental the things my grandfather and dad gave me are.

Went back and found it today
0b9affdc9064de229f44aaa78598efad.jpg

Caught this on the way back down and now am going to another creek to catch some more

ebed22db3045eedf4961c29dd3bc5f35.jpg

ZachMarkus":3eryoyd5 said:
Hard to beat a zoom fat Albert, that's one of my go too baits for just catching fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yea it's a great thing to tie on when you can't decide for sure what you think the fish will bite.

Latest posts

Back