• Help Support TNDeer:

Hire a guide they said...

agelessssone

One Guide, two experienced customers, 7 hours fishing KY Lake, total of 2 bass.
One fish 14", the other 12".
Fished ledges and humps.
When I get on a boat and I see decades old 9" graphs front and console I get apprehensive.
Never saw what appeared to be fish on a screen, guide never said, "there are the fish".
Seems we fished his spots from yesteryear with no regards of where they were today.
Being a guide myself, and having the latest electronics, in today's age I find it unfathomable that one would "guide" without being able to find/see fish.
To put customers blindly casting in a "direction " because "the fish should be there" is beyond my comprehension.
When we fished the first roadbed for 90 minutes with no one getting bit, I figured our trip was wasted. Then we moved 300 yds and fished a hump for an hour with no bites, I knew we were screwed.
Having a boat and calling yourself a guide don't make it so.
Also, when there was not ONE MINUTE that the guide wasn't talking.....

So what if he would have had the latest and greatest bottom machine and marked fish everywhere. If the fish still would not have ate, would it be his fault. Either way, one ain't much of a "guide" if he has to rely on high tech electronics to find fish.
I couldn't agree more, and anymore it's kind of sad that so many rely on electronics to have success.

As a retired guide some days just arent meant to be, no matter what.

Also, as a guide your job in part is to entertain your clients, especially if it's a bad day fishing. If you wanted a quiet guide you should've stated such, people aren't mind readers

Either way, one ain't much of a "guide" if he has to rely on high tech electronics to find fish.
How would you find bass on Kentucky Lake in the summer when most of them are offshore and deep without electronics? Either you don't fish for bass or you just beat the banks hoping to get lucky. I don't know any bass fishermen that are going to pay a guide to take them bank beating in July catching dinks.

How would you find bass on Kentucky Lake in the summer when most of them are offshore and deep without electronics? Either you don't fish for bass or you just beat the banks hoping to get lucky. I don't know any bass fishermen that are going to pay a guide to take them bank beating in July catching dinks.
And here I thought you were a "fisherman" 😄

And here I thought you were a "fisherman" 😄
You really should start fishing professional bass tournaments since you can find fish anytime with no electronics. You would be a megasuperstar and make millions! It's amazing that you are the best turkey hunter in the world AND best fisherman in the world! Or maybe you are just an internet blowhorn eating hotpockets in your parents' basement claiming to be the greatest at everything when you've never done anything. Fess up Warren. Which is it? I'd bet on the latter.

Latest posts

Back