• Help Support TNDeer:

Homemade bait tanks ideas

Saw a couple of good ones on youtube. White trash can, pump and some fittings. 75$ to make. I haven't built one yet but i will.

I have been looking at a few ideas on youtube, figured the more I look at , the less trial and error problems I can avoid. LOL....... I picked up a plastic 55 gallon drum today at work. I cut it off where it will be about 25 gallon, then took the top and cut it where it would slide back in and used self tapping screws and screwed it back together. Then I cut a 8"x12" hole in the top for a lid to go over. Found a pump kit with aerator nozzle and all the other fittings with a 500 gph pump, maybe that will push enough volume to keep the water moving.

We had an old freezer with one of those fan type aerators. It always worked well. Kept shiners and creek minners in it.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

I have made a few for different boats over the year, i have a 35 g drum... the way I have it set up holds about 15 g with a 1100 gph bilge pump mounted on the back of the transom ...1 1/2" hose running to the drum and a 3" inch drain...keeps thread fin and gizzard shad pretty good , all day , skip jack dont do so well , last maybe an hour.... It does well as a live well for crappie, bluegill....etc

I have been looking for the old coca cola coolers you used to see in gas stations to make a bait tank. They're already insulated you would just have to plumb it for the aerators.

Latest posts

Back